Friday, May 20, 2011

(((10))) in Jeonju at Radiostar

Fun fact: Korea does have an experimental music scene. Small, yes, but it's there for you to dig around for. (((10))) (formerly just plain 10), are one of the players in the scene. They're made up of a Korean girl, and a Japanese dude, but for some reason have set up shop in Seoul instead of some place in Japan where they are bound to have a bigger following. And actually, they do have a following IN Seoul. And maybe Busan and Daegu, but on May 13, 2011, they played in the city of Jeonju in the North Jeolla province (전라북도) to a packed crowd of....8. Maybe. So, maybe Jeolla-do isn't ready for their experimental/electronic/psych/noise scene. But, who knows? Maybe next time they play, there will be 15! You never know. However, my Korean friend that I went with said this: "This isn't music to me." And there you have it. Open and shut case for some. But (((10))), whose new name looks an awful like like Sunn O))), but actually doesn't sound like them, gave it a good go. Honestly, I haven't been listening to much music like this lately, so I can't say I'm gonna be listening to their stuff for a while (I bought two cds), but it's great that this kind of music exists over here, AND I made a video of one of their songs and threw it up on youtube, so enjoy it. It's pretty funny, and I was laughing during the song. You'll find out why when you watch it. One more thing, these guys play in Europe fairly often, and they have, like, 4 records, so check 'em out of you dare. Here's the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment